Saturday, September 3, 2011

A taste of Italia from Australia


gelatissimo2

When you say gelato, one would immediately think of Italy (think Eat, Pray, Love).  But, as written in their  website,  Gelatissimo Cafe  is made in Australia with Italian heart.  

gelatissimo3


I got attracted to Gelatissimo Cafe's charming store in Serendra last Tuesday when I met up with friends for a run around BGC.  Pipay was with me then and she wanted to eat ice cream but later changed her mind when she felt cold while passing away the time inside  Fully Booked.   


gelatissimo18


This afternoon, hungry after her school program, Pipay & I headed back to Serendra  to gawk and finally indulge at their unique line of gelato flavors.  They make their gelatos fresh daily from authentic  Italian family recipe.


gelatissimo5



There are other products as well like coffee (I’ll come back for this soon!), sundaes, shakes, Italian biscotti.


gelatissimo8



gelatissimo7


The staff were very courteous and accommodating, especially when I asked if I can take pictures.  If you have a hard time choosing from the wide array of flavors and two varieties – sorbert or premium dairy, they can let you taste first before you order.  You can have as many as three flavors in a cup or cone.

gelatissimo13

 
Pipay chose the two flavor medium cup in Mango and White Chocolate flavors.  I think the mango is a sorbet, I wasn’t quite sure about the white chocolate though.  But Pipay enjoyed her gelato, but complained a little that there was more white chocolate than mango.  It’s because they scooped out the white chocolate gelato first.


gelatissimo10

I was drawn to the Mango Tango, a blend of tropical fruits - mango and passion fruit.  When one of the staff let me had a taste, I fell in love!  The passion fruit gave the mango a hint of sexiness on the palate. Very refreshing. The seeds gave a wonderful texture to the smoothness of the sorbet.  I also ordered the two flavor medium cup, opting for the Forest Berries (I assume having two kinds of berries – blackberry and raspberry) as the other flavor.  Fruity, with just the right amount of sweetness to balance the tartness. I also like those berry seeds.  Both flavors were sorbets.  I noticed I have been staying away from the usual chocolate flavors lately.


gelatissimo16


What I like with sorbets is that they’re fat-free. Gelatissimo’s premium dairy line boasts of being between 90-97% fat free.  Those who are health conscious can now indulge. 

gelatissimo20

One happy little girl. ^_^




So for the next running session at BGC, I would definitely come back for more.  ;)




Gelatissimo Cafe
Unit 1 CO5, Piazza Serendra
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
www. gelatissimo.com.ph



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...