Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pasta Carbonara ala Jo


As promised in my previous post, here is my take on the classic carbonara.

I woke up feeling sluggish and tired.  I decided to forego my zumba classes today to rest.  Yesterday’s whole day shoot at Manila Ocean Park made my body ache all over.  What better way than to feed my body with much needed sustenance and a whole day of pampering in a spa (wish ko lang!).  Since the spa massage is not possible, I’d take the sustenance part instead.  


linguinni carbonara
 

This morning, I cooked pasta carbonara for breakfast. 


Here’s my version of the classic carbonara

Linguini noodles
2 Tbsp cream
1 Tbsp butter
½   cup bacon bits
2 eggs  ( 1 whole + 1 eggyolk)
3 cloves garlic, sliced
Salt & freshly ground pepper
lots of  grated parmesan cheese

Render bacon till it’s crispy. Discard bacon fat (leave some as this is full of flavor).
Melt butter and sauté garlic till slightly brown.  Remove garlic.
Add cream.  Add bacon.  Season with salt.
Cook pasta according to package directions till al dente.
While pasta is cooking, slightly mix the eggs.
Drain pasta and let cool slightly (warm enough so as not to curdle the eggs). 
Mix in pasta noodles with the egg. 
Stir in cream/bacon mixture.  Add parmesan cheese.
Top with crispy bacon bits and more parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...