Saturday, September 10, 2011

The hunt for the yummiest burger is on Part 3: Chili’s Big Mouth Burgers

chili's


I tried Chili’s Big Mouth Burgers two months ago when I met up with my friend Candy at Chili’s Greenbelt 5.  She was raving how delicious these little burgers are.  Like most friends who haven’t seen each other  for quite some time, it was non-stop babble as soon as we sat on one of the restaurant’s booth.  Food wasn’t on the agenda that time.  But I remember the burgers were really yummy.  

Last Wednesday, after Zumba class, I walked to Greenbelt 5 to try the Big Mouth Burgers once again.  I was on my own.  It was “me” time and I know I couldn’t finish one order. But I was really starving, I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast and it was already 2PM.  

Chili’s was a full house when I entered the door. To think it was already 2PM.  I placed my order – Big mouth burgers and root beer.  If the server was surprised about my order, it didn’t show.  

chili's table

I like the Spanish tiles on the table.  ^_^


chili's 5

chili's 3

Then my order came.  Four mini burgers surround a huge pile of homestyle French fries, topped with onion bloom pieces, bacon bits,  green onions and ranch dressing.   I wished Pipay was with me to eat the fries.  She’s such a French fries monster. 


chili's 6
Just as I remember,  the burgers were really tasty. Well seasoned fresh beef patties.  I noticed they’re not really ground, more like minced beef.  I asked for medium well done patties, with traces of pink in the center.  It’s slightly dry maybe because of the fat to meat ratio. The patties were really meaty.  They were served with melted American cheese on your choice of sesame seed  or whole wheat buns.  I should have specified the latter.

I love the Ranch dressing.  Spicy, with pickled jalapeno bits.  

I ate two burgers and had the rest of the burgers doggy bagged.  They were really meant to be shared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...