Monday, September 5, 2011

The hunt for the yummiest burger is on Part 1: Charlie's Grind & Grill

charlies24

I have been hearing quite a lot of good reviews about the black angus burgers at Charlie’s Grind and Grill. Their Pasig branch is near our home.  


charlies17

When I got the chance to go, I brought along my food trip buddy Pipay and my eldest son, Jelo (Gabby chose to stay at home to play backyard monsters).  Charlie’s Grind and Grill shares space with a car wash area. You can have a bite while waiting as they clean your car. 

charlies1

It has been around for quite sometime, judging from the wear and tear of some of the seats.  It’s a bit noisy though which Pipay didn’t like and the wait staff hung around the end portion of the small restaurant.  

charlies15


The burgers, however, is another story.  Since I plan to have a series of food trips that day, I ordered only the Charlie’s sliders, 3 mini burgers with grilled black angus patties topped with cheese, pickles and caramelized onions and French fries with truffle oil.  I love flame grilled burgers.  They have that smokey flavor unlike those seared only on a griddle.

charlies6


charlies9

The burgers were delicious.  Pipay loved it, but removed the onions and pickles.  


charlies10


The gourmet fries, Truffle French fries, came with bits of something fried.  When I asked what were those, the waiter said they were fried chicken livers.  Ack! I don’t eat liver  whether pig, cow or chicken.  The fries taste good though, I just picked out the liver bits.  But Pipay wasn’t happy.  “It doesn’t taste like real French fries”, was her comment.  Her benchmark being the fries of Mcdo & Jollibee.  ^_^
beers


Charlie’s also serves beer.  Their chillers have an array of imported beers.  That’s why I felt the place has a  kind of masculine feel – cars, burgers, beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...