Thursday, September 8, 2011

Time for tea at Chatime


Tea shops have been sprouting all over metro manila recently.  Two years ago, I had the chance to shoot for Serenitea.  It was still in its infancy stage.  From the samples I had then, they’re good.  I love teas. I was more of a green tea drinker than coffee drinker years ago.  But milk tea is another story. I don’t like drinking milk.  Much more, putting milk or cream in my tea.  

cha time 3 


cha time 2

This was my consideration when Pipay & I visited Chatime at Pioneer Center.  The little shop was packed.  There was a long line for ordering and more people waiting for their orders.  

cha time 1


IMG_0371

 
I scanned the Menu on the wall.  The list was long and there were so many varieties.  Since it was our first time, we limited our choices to those with the leaf icon which means they’re the most recommended.  Inspite of the long line, service was prompt. 
 cha time 8

After I placed my order, I was given a disk.  It lights up when your order is ready.  


cha time 9


cha time 7


 cha time 5


While waiting for our teas, Pipay and I went upstairs to the dining area.  White walls and ceiling with purple mood light, white tables, purple couches and deep pink ottomans, white flimsy curtains on windows diffused the light, make the place so relaxing.  As a friend described it, “Kulang na lang manicurista!”.  I could imagine myself semi-prone on one of those purple couches, having a mani-pedi while sipping my tea.

cha time 6
 On one side of the room is their training lab and quality center, ensuring the teas served were of high quality, a nice effort by the owners. 



cha time 4


cha time 2

I chose the Chatime Specialty Mix Passion Fruit Green Tea (P70 Regular, P80 Large) plus pearl balls (additional P15).    


cha time 3


While Pipay chose the Mango Slush from the Smoothie Series. 

My tea is refreshing, but nothing extra special.  I like the passion fruit flavor though. I like Pipay’s choice better.  We were not very adventurous  and we had a hard time choosing. 

cha time 1

I’ll be back this weekend to try the other flavors and this time I’ll be bolder… I’ll try the Matcha Red Bean Smoothie.

excited much!  ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...