Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Learning to cook


In one of our food trips at Eastwood Mall, we chanced upon CCA Kitchen’s  Young Chef’s Academy cooking class schedule.  Pipay got a bit interested. 

Now, I’m not the kind of Mom who would drag her kids to all sorts of extra-curricular activities like karate lessons, ballet, even, photography class, unless they show interest and willingness to pursue them.  I just let them be…. when they’re ready, then I’ll be the most supportive mom!

At home, whenever I cook, there were times when Pipay would offer to help out.  I look at this as an opportunity to have a mom-daughter bonding and teach her the rudiments of cooking.  I don’t like her to feel that it’s a chore or a must-do thing in your life as a girl. I want her to enjoy and appreciate food and cooking. 

So, I got the flyer for CCA’s class schedule for September.  There’s a junior chef class for her age bracket.  I forgot all about it when a week after, she asked me about the cooking class again. I asked her if she likes to join.  She said yes.  

September 18, a Sunday, we went back to Eastwood Mall for her first formal cooking lesson.  I could teach her to cook (which could save us enough money to buy us 2 dinners), but I also wanted her to experience the classroom set-up just like what I did 13 years ago (also at CCA Katipunan for the 5-day professional cooking course).

She was given a toque, an apron  and a sheet of paper containing the 3 recipes they’ll be cooking that day – Pimiento drop biscuits, Garlic parsley finger sandwiches and Potato skins with mixed herbs. 

Enjoy the photos just as much as I enjoyed documenting my daughter’s first formal cooking lessons and being a stage mom!  ^_^

CCA Pipay 12


CCA Pipay 11


CCA Pipay 10



CCA Pipay 9


CCA Pipay 5

CCA Pipay 6


CCA Pipay 8


CCA Pipay 4


 CCA Pipay 3


CCA Pipay 7


 CCA Pipay 2


CCA Pipay 1










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...