Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A taste of Sanfo-Manila at Hyphy's

hyphy's2


The food tripping didn’t end at La Creperie. After checking out some swimsuits for my upcoming trip to Palawan and buying something on impulse, Lenz and I decided to have dinner.  I told her about how popular Bon Chon Chicken is. I kept seeing it on my cousin’s wall in facebook.  I’m curious about the attention this chicken restaurant is getting. I guess it is a bestseller indeed, based on the long line and unavailable seats when we got there.  Compared to the adjacent establishments which were nearly empty, if not altogether empty.  We went back to the Veranda wing and I remembered reading something about Chef Bruce Lim’s new resto.
IMG_0009


hyphy's1
Hyphy’s  is Chef Bruce Lim’s restaurant.  Chef Bruce Lim is a part of AFC’s roster of celebrity chefs.   His cooking & travel show with Angel Aquino, Tablescapes was my inspiration for naming my food blog.
hyphy's7

Hyphy’s is a play on words hype and fly.  The food reflects Chef’s Bruce Lim’s comfort food, a fusion of San Francisco (Frisco) and Pinoy  cuisine.

IMG_0010
We were lucky because Chef Bruce Lim arrived shortly  after we came in. Both Lenz & I were starstruck.  I wanted to tell him I’m a fan, but too shy to do so. He smiled at Lenz though.

hyphy's10
 

hyphy's12

Their best seller was the Calamansi Tuyo pasta.  I saw Malunggay pesto but we weren’t very hungry and decided to share  a pasta dish and a salad.  We ordered the Calamansi Tuyo Pasta to check what the hype is all about.  It was indeed very good.  Local tuyo bits sautéed in olive oil mixed with pasta topped with cheese and sprinkled with calamansi.  The pasta was al dente, the saltiness of the tuyo was balanced by the calamansi juice.

 hyphy's8
 
For the salad, we chose the Cobb salad.  Mixed red & green lettuce, cheese cubes, olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber cubes topped with grilled chicken.  A refreshing accompaniment to our pasta.  Lenz loved the dressing.  
I’ll definitely come back soon to try the malunggay pesto and their other dishes.  
 
 
Hyphys
The Veranda, Robinson's Galleria
4777611
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...