Saturday, August 20, 2011

Heaven in a tub


Look what I found on a recent trip to Unimart in Greenhills …. ECJ Gourmet Durian dessert.  I initially thought, hmmm… another durian ice cream, with just a hint of durian flavor.  But curiosity got me over and bought it just to try.  



There are two variants, sweetened and unsweetened.  I chose the unsweetened because I know M would prefer the unsweetened one, as he is staying away from sweets.  And I’d prefer the flavor of durian to stand on its own.


At first glance, it’s just like any ordinary ice cream.  I scooped out 3 small mounds into a shot glass.  The first spoonful transported  me to durian nirvana…. it was so delicious! Its pure, creamy taste and  heady aroma frolicked inside my brain, it was durian puree in a tub! 





This is a treasure, a treat that I would always covet .  It sells at P150/pint.  Not bad, considering a fruit can cost the same (I’d take the fresh fruit anytime).  Look for it at the freezer section of Unimart, Greenhills.

Ingredient list:
Fresh durian pulp, fresh milk, skimmed milk, water, dairy fat, dextrose, stabilizer, sugar replacement



1 comment:

  1. this is one i'd like to try!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...