Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oatmeal with Muesli

For breakfast, I’m trying my best to stay away from processed meats like bacon (although I would have it once in a while).  So for breakfasts, I would have oatmeal.  When I was staying with my mom last year, oatmeal with bananas would be my staple breakfast everyday.  But having oatmeal everyday can be boring.  One of the food blogs I follow (80breakfast) features 1001 ways with oatmeal… this is my inspiration.

To break the monotony of eating plain oatmeal, I add crunch and texture like topping  with muesli, dried fruits, nuts and fresh fruits.








This was my brunch today.  

Oatmeal with muesli, dried apples, raisins and almonds and fresh strawberries (leftovers from the fruit pops project with pipay) , drizzled with honey.


How  about you? How do you kick your oatmeal up a notch? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...