Friday, August 26, 2011

Linguini with Shrimps & Broccoli

IMG_6385


08.25.11


My friend Len asked me what’s my agenda today.  I told her, I have to run errands  in the afternoon and I will be free after that.  She invited me to go running with her and Mae in Boni High Street.  That’s something I have been meaning to do, but just keep putting off.


After lunch, M texted that I cannot use the car because it’s still being fixed.  I decided to stay home, cancelled the run with Len, and help the kids  with school work.  As I was browsing through food photos at Pinterest, I got the urge to cook.  I wanted pasta, I wanted seafood… mussels to be exact.  But at that late  hour, there were no more fresh mussels in the market. Instead, my yaya bought some shrimps.  


Pipay wanted to help out and we turned it into a cooking lesson for her.  I asked her to clean the shrimps, remove the head and peel the shell.  “oh shrimpy, I’m sorry I had to kill you…”, she said.  “Don’t worry Pips, they’re already dead”, I replied.  She’s lucky, she started cooking at 8 years old, I started late at 12 years old, just watching my Mom and my Lola Ansing cook.
Here’s what we prepared for dinner, Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli (I suck at naming dishes, sorry  ^_^ )

IMG_6364


PASTA WITH SHRIMP  & BROCCOLI

Linguini
500gms Shrimps, heads and shells removed
3-4 medium sized ripe tomatoes, diced
2 stalks leeks, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
I small head broccoli flowers, pre-boiled
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
½ cup Shrimp broth (from the shrimp heads and  shells)
Dried or fresh thyme
Salt & pepper

Cook linguini according to package directions.  Set aside.
In a sauce pan, sauté garlic and leeks in olive oil until leeks are translucent.
Add tomatoes and broth.  Add the shrimps and cook until color changes to red.
Add the broccoli, thyme and pasta to the sauce.  Let simmer for a few minutes for the pasta to absorb the flavors. Season with salt & pepper to taste. 
Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh sliced leeks or thyme.


Get camera . Style . Shoot . Eat  


^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...