Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mid-Eastern Cuisine at Souk Kafe

M brought me along on his visit to his childhood friend's resto  in Cavite. I brought my camera intending to write something on my food blog. but it turned into an impromptu food shoot. I just brought my basic gear - camera, 28-75mm lens (macro but not 1:1) and a flash...not my usual food photo gear. But as my mentor, Ricky Ladia said, learn how to make do with what you have, lalo na pag on location assignments.



We arrived in Souk Café late afternoon, just as the staff were preparing to open for the night.  M’s friend is based in Dubai, hence the Moroccan/mid-eastern theme of the restaurant.  Colorful hanging lights, Persian tablecloths, smoke pipes, etc.


 

 






Cloves to keep flies and bugs away







While M and his friend discussed work, I poured over a glossy magazine,  sipping the in-house coffee and wishing the available light won’t fade so fast while the food subjects were being prepped.

These are the 5 dishes I photographed.  (Shish Kebab not in photo)


Keema

 Keema is a Traditional Indian minced meat dish. This one has beef, tomatoes and spices specially brought here from Dubai and served with a flat crispy bread.




Chicken Tikka






Chelo Kebab


Tuna Kebab



Of these, I got to taste the chicken tikka, which is good, but I loved the keema, which was served in special earthenware pot called a tagine (which is also the name of Moroccan stew dish).  They also served  Manna pizza.



Souk Kafe at night



Souk Kafe is located at
Terraza Dasma Robinson’s Place
Dasmarinas, Cavite
www.soukkafe.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...