Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday sans the blues

08.29.11

One of my fb friends posted this  as his shoutout…”wala akong nakitang galet sa monday ngayon so far.”  LOL!  Who would be when it’s a holiday, the 3rd of a 4 day holiday?

creperie14


creperie13


Yesterday, Lenz and I had another girl bonding moment.  We chose to have our coffee date at La Creperie at the Veranda in Robinson’s Galleria.

creperie4 
I like the café’s décor – French country style in white, beige, yellow colors.  Ceramic cups and teapots were on display, aside from jars of jam and a selection of teas. Pillows on the long bench seat built in one wall.  Homey and cozy.
creperie1x


As usual, I had a hard time deciding on my crepes…. Savory or sweet?  Sweet or savory…. What goes well with coffee?  

creperie5

I finally decided on something sweet and chose to customize my crepe.  With the basic crepe, I went with the salted butter caramel, mangoes and strawberries, whipped cream and slivered almonds with more salted butter caramel drizzled on top of the whipped cream.  Sinful isn’t it?   The caramel sauce is homemade, not very sweet.  

creperie9
Lenz chose the eggplant moussaka. It’s actually eggplant lasagna, said the waiter.  Now why won’t they just name it that way?  Moussaka is greek… kind of out of place in a French café (and so is lasagna :P).  Lenz said it was good, but was a bit disappointed at the serving size. “Bakit sa picture malaki?” 

creperie10
As for the café Americano,  we were bitin.  A cup wasn’t enough for us. I missed having coffee that much after a week of sipping green tea at home.
Overall, I was happy with my dessert, (I hope Lenz was happy with her food) would have wanted more coffee though. But spending time with a close friend definitely shooed the Monday blues away.    ^_^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...