Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today’s Lunch: Linguini with Smoked Italian Sausage & Broccoli.


Laid back Tuesday.   The last day of the 4-day weekend.  Everyone woke up late.

My kids are a bit picky when it comes to eating vegetables.  Of the limited vegetables on their list, my son Gabby loves broccoli.  He likes baby corn, beans & carrots too.   

Broccoli is a good source of potassium, magnesium & calcium that help regulate high blood pressure.  That’s why I always have this in my diet.  

My kids love pasta. M likes sausages.  

So for lunch today, I cooked Linguini with smoked Italian sausage and broccoli.

IMG_0052


Linguini with Smoked Italian Sausage and Broccoli


Linguini noodles

2 pieces smoked Italian sausages, cut in half lengthwise and sliced.

4 cloves garlic

5 pieces ripe tomatoes, diced

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 Tbsp pesto sauce*

1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, pre-boiled

Salt & pepper to taste



Cook linguini according to package directions until al dente.

In a saucepan, render Italian sausage until cooked, set aside.  You can discard the rendered  fat or use it for the sauce. It is very flavorful, yet decadent.  My secret: I didn’t throw it away ;)

Saute garlic and tomatoes in olive oil. Add some water used to pre-boil the broccoli.  Add pesto sauce.  Stir.  At this point, you can add the rendered fat.  Season with salt & pepper. 

Add in the cooked pasta. Let cook for a few minutes for the pasta to absorb the flavors.  Add in the Italian sausages and broccoli. Drizzle some more olive oil and pesto sauce.  Serve hot with crusty bread.


Served with my yaya’s pork BBQ


* i used pesto sauce in a jar bought at the grocery.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...