Monday, October 17, 2011

Travel: Dos Palmas Palawan Day 3

dos palmas day 3

As if mother nature was taunting us, it was sunny when we woke up on the final day of our stay in the island. The sun was up, the sky was clear, a fine day to do landscape photography. And we still have the whole morning to spend snorkeling and kayaking before we leave the island for our late afternoon flight. 

kayaking by elise aguilar
photo credits: elise aguilar

We enjoyed the kayak experience the previous day so much, we decided to have another go at it, this time, with Len and elise bringing point and shoot cameras and going further down the mangrove area. I decided to have my own kayak too.
  
 mangroves by elise aguilar
photo credits: elise aguilar

clear water by elise aguilar
photo credits: elise aguilar

The mangroves were a bit eerie though and my kayak keeps being entangled in their roots. I wish I could have a taste of (or even see) a tamilok, a wormlike mollusk that lives in dead mangrove roots. But we don’t have much time left for us to have a meal at kina butch where they serve this unique Palawan specialty.

After our last hearty lunch at dos palmas, it's now time to go.  We fixed and packed our bags to get ready for the boat ride and the van that would bring us to the airport.  But I was able to squeeze in a few minutes  more to shoot landscapes.

dos palmas day 3

I went back to the winding bamboo bridge going to a hut at the back of our villa.


dos palmas day 3

Sharing with you more photographs that would remind me of my island paradise escapade.

dos palmas day 3

Here's the view from the left side of the hut. 

dos palmas day 3

Here's what can be seen on the right side.

dos palmas day 3
the view of the beach villas from the bamboo bridge.

dos palmas day 3

dos palmas day 3

I sure hope I could return to this paradise soon. Or maybe go see the lime cliffs of coron or el nido next.

Till the next escapade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...