Monday, October 10, 2011

Hand-pulled Noodles of Kanzhu

kanzhu 1


The last time I had hand pulled noodles was early this year when we had a photo walk in Binondo.  I remembered  the noodles as chewy.  Its texture is so much different than the usual noodles we buy and eat.  That’s why when I read in one food blog about Kanzhu’s hand-pulled noodles and that the restaurant’s location is near my home, I made a mental note that this is a must-go-to on my food trip list.



An opportunity presented itself, when, after one of my event shoots, I passed by Wilson street in Greenhills and decided to have a late lunch.  I was also craving for milk tea, and good thing Serenitea is just across the street from Kanzhu.  

kanzhu 2


Kanzhu offers specialty dishes of Northern China. There were few diners left since it was past lunch hour already and the place was quiet.  I chose a table by the window.  I ordered the braised beef noodle soup (their best seller at P150) and black fungus and jellyfish for appetizer and a can of wong lo kat.

kanzhu 3


I was given a small bowl of caramel and sesame seed covered peanuts while awaiting my order. 

kanzhu 4


My order arrived in a big bowl, wishing I have someone to share this with me.  I took a sip of the soup and felt like I have been transported to Binondo. The hot soup was aromatic and comforting.  The noodles were thin, fresh and have that bite one can only get with freshly made noodles, the cubes of beef, tender and flavorful.

kanzhu 6

kanzhu 5

I also like the black fungus and jellyfish, with its vinegary marinade.


A few days after, I went back to order and take home their noodles with sliced beef for my kids’ meryenda.  My second child, Gabby loved it.  Looks like Kanzhu made it to my son’s list of favorite places to eat. He is very picky kid.



Kanzhu Hand-Pulled Noodles
G/F Citiplace bldg., 8001 J. Abad Santos St., San Juan
477-7919 / 748-7910

They also have a branch in Timog, QC


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...