Friday, October 28, 2011

It's all in the details

EP_baptism

Like what I said in my very first post, tablescapes isn’t just about food.  It is also about table set ups, brought about  by or connected with my work as wedding/party planner/photographer .  

My work as events photographer opened new avenues and new opportunities to meet and work with fellow event suppliers. People close to me knew that still life,  shooting wedding/event details, food, basically anything that doesn’t move or requires posing directions are my turf. 

So, for this entry, let me share with you the work of a colleague in the wedding industry.

I first met Ernest Pascual, wedding planner/coordinator of Events! Events!  in one of my kiddie party shoots.  That was in April this year. He was the party planner for the event.   Prior to this, I’ve been hearing and reading stories of how into details he is. I was in awe at how he turned a simple party in Shakey’s into a fabulous, fun,  outer space themed kiddie party. As they say, it’s all in the details. 

Last week, I got the chance to work with him again, this time for a baptismal party.  I got a peek at what would surprise me at the reception later when the baby’s parents handed me the baptismal candles.  

EP_baptism

Powder blue tapered candles tied with white flimsy organza ribbon, adorned with blue crystal encrusted mini brooch. It was the most elegant baptismal candle I ever saw.  Whenever I have details like that, I go shutter crazy. 

When we arrived at the reception, I was blown away.  The decor was simple, ala Martha Stewart. And you know that a lot of hardwork & creativity was put out to come up with such merry and pretty decors.  Colors are in subdued pastel tones of yellow, blue and green.  

I’m gonna let these photos show you what I mean.  

 EP_baptism

EP_baptism

The cake table, the focal point of the room.  Organza ribbons cascade down the backdrop.  Several small cakes with matching letters to spell out the celebrant's name, flanked by three glass jars filled with sweets.

EP_baptism
Pastel blue eyelet design paper lanterns hovering over the cake table.


EP_baptism

Buffet Table Centerpieces - A cluster of small floral arrangements in pastel colored claypots

EP_baptism

EP_baptism

A closer view of the small floral arrangements.

EP_baptism
A ceramic cross bearing the celebrant's name

EP_baptism

Buffet table swag details, paper pom pom balls with touches of feather and a paper cut out swag.

 EP_baptism

EP_baptism

The guest table centerpiece.  A low, square arrangement of green button mums, white roses, yellow mums, blue hyrangeas, with a small paper lantern and a stem of white orchids.

EP_baptism

A small vase of letter shaped sugar cookies spelling out the celebrant's name.

EP_baptism

 A bow shaped cookie placed on guests' tables.

EP_baptism

Small triangle paper banner in pastel color and various prints festooned at the back of the guests' chairs.

EP_baptism

The custom made invitation.

EP_baptism

Message card echoes the invitation's design.


Now you know why I had fun shooting. :)


Event Planning & Styling by Ernest Pascual 
Flowers by:  Badang Rueda
Venue:  Microtel MOA










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...