Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sweets at Bar Dolci

bar dolci

Ever since my first visit to Forbestown in Burgos Circle, I have been meaning to visit and try the desserts in Bar Dolci.  Pipay, who is now into playing with her scooter, keeps asking me when am I going to run again.   Coincidentally, M has an on-going project in the area.

Yesterday, Pipay and I spent the afternoon in Burgos circle. She brought along her scooter. We went inside Bar Dolci not knowing what kind of desserts they serve.  But their tag line, life is sweet, gives a glimpse of what's in store for us. 

bar dolci

There was a chiller/freezer of gelato.

bar dolci

 bar dolci

Another chiller for pastries - beignets (a french rectangle shaped donuts) with chocolate espresso dip P130, Gruyere Puffs with marinara dip P150, and a selection of scones (basil olive, bacon & cheddar, caramelized onions) P65/pc

bar dolci

And on the other side, French macarons!  

Of course, Pipay went for the Bubble Gum flavored gelato.  While me, I can’t make up my mind.  I was torn between the gruyere puffs and the basil olive scones. 

bar dolci

Being so hungry, I chose the latter.  I asked for Mochaccino to go with it, plus two French macarons in salted caramel and raspberry flavors.

bar dolci

The scone came with a small bowl of cream, which Pipay gobbled up in no time. The scone's exterior was crunchy but soft inside.  The flavors of basil and olive jived so well.

The macarons, what can I say?  I love the raspberry flavor.  But the salted caramel, I find that tinge of saltiness lacking, but nevertheless I like it for the caramel.

 bar dolci

From our vantage point on the second floor, I could see Serenitea and other dining establishments, Uncle Cheffy for one.

I could have stayed longer but there was no wifi.  And Pipay was getting antsy after finishing her gelato, dying to go play with her scooter.  After finishing my mochaccino, we crossed over to Serenitea for a wintermelon fix, while my little girl whizzed back and forth with her scooter.

I was a bit bitin with the macarons.  Two was not enough.  And Pipay liked the salted caramel macaron.  Today, I asked M to pick up some more. 

bar dolci

He came home bearing a Bar Dolci bag.  

bar dolci 

bar dolci

bar dolci

Inside was a box of 10 macarons in pistachio, salted caramel, walnut chocolate and vanilla flavors. He told me, those were too expensive!  At P50 apiece, it was indeed pricy.  But if you buy 4 pieces, you’ll get one free. 

Life is sweet!  :)


Bar Dolci
F133 Forbeswood Heights cor Burgos Circle
www.bardolci.com



1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Wow awesome photos! loved them! Do you mind me asking what camera/lens you use? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...