Saturday, October 15, 2011

Travel: a dessert named Palatok

palatok

During lunch on our last day at Dos Palmas, I saw a unique dessert.  At first, I thought it was Ginataan, a Filipino dessert made with local plantain bananas, sweet potatoes, tapioca balls, purple yam, strips of jack fruit, glutinous rice balls we call bilo bilo, cooked in coconut milk. 

palatok

The label in front of the serving bowl says, Palatok. I got curious. Small tapioca balls swimming in fresh coconut milk, several white balls of glutinuous rice peeked out of the white soup mixture. 

palatok

Inside these one inch rice balls, when cut in half, oozed a chocolate filling.  I would guess sweetened tablea pieces. It was sweet and delicious.  I never thought chocolate would combine very well with coconut milk.

Being a sweet tooth  that I am, I had two small bowls. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...