Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lunch at Bizu Patisserie

It’s been a while since I posted my last entry. Things got a bit busy after my dos palmas escapade (entries will soon be posted) where work (for a change) took a back seat.  
 
So for today, I’m going to feature Bizu Patisserie.

Bizu 1

When Bizu first opened, I fell in love with their macarons. Macarons weren’t readily available then and I can only read about it in cookbooks, magazines and articles/blogs found in the net.


Whenever I had a chance to be in Glorieta, I wouldn’t pass the chance to drop by their store and get 3 or 4 macarons.  Bizu cakes are also to die for. For a long time, I have been meaning to dine at Bizu’s Greenbelt 3 branch.  In one of my event shoots (as back up photographer for my friend, Warren), I had the chance to sample their food since they catered the food for the party.  And all I can remember that night was how delicious the food was!  I wished I was a guest so I can enjoy the buffet meal.  

A few weeks ago, my daughter and I were in Greenhills for some errands.  It was a great time to have lunch at Bizu in greenhills promenade.


Bizu 2



I will always be in awe at their cake selection and macarons.

Bizu 3

Bizu 5

Bizu 4


I wanted to eat something light.  But I was also craving for meat like steak. Browsing through their menu, I decided on the  10 hour Roast Beef Panini, slow cooked beef with caramelized onions, tiny cornichons on ciabatta bread.  Pipay, who had a frozen yogurt earlier, just wanted to eat the fries that went with the sandwich and a glass of her favorite mango shake.
 
We were given a basket of ciabatta bread and herbed butter while waiting for our order to be served.

 Bizu 6

Bizu 7 


The roast beef has a sweetish taste from the caramelized onion, the meat has melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. I would have preferred to have more beef in the sandwich though.  The cornichons provide that tart, crisp taste. 

Bizu 10
Bizu 11

 Bizu 9



I wouldn’t go home without having at least one macaron… in raspberry flavor. 

Bizu 8





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...