Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lunch at Chelsea Podium


For our regular lunch meet ups, Lenz and I decided to have lunch at Chelsea's in Podium.  This time we were joined by another good friend Ruben, who works nearby. 

The lunch crowd was well under way when I arrived. We wanted to have salad but the waitress said they ran out of fresh greens. 

chelsea


So we opted for the usual combination of pasta and pizza.  For the pasta, we went for the  Truffled Three Mushroom Cream Fettuccini, a cream based pasta with smoked bacon lardons, mushrooms, basil and parmesan cheese.   

chelsea

And for the pizza,  we chose the Roasted Prawns & Prosciutto pizza.  After we placed our order, the waitress came back and told us that they already have salad greens.  And I thought…hmmmm… they must have sent someone to the nearby SM grocery to buy the greens.  We politely declined though. 

chelsea


While waiting for our orders, we were served foccaccia bread and roasted whole garlic on a wooden board.  The roasted garlic was so creamy, sans the pungent flavor of raw or slightly cooked garlic.  I remembered my cooking days when I would include several whole garlic bulbs in the pan when roasting beef or chicken. Squeeze out and smear the soft, almost paste like garlic meat over toasted crusty bread would bring you up to food heaven.

chelsea

For drinks, I had the strawberry iced tea.

chelsea

Lenz, the lemon iced tea shake, and Ruben’s choice I forgot the name but it was a lemon and lime drink.

I haven't seen Ruben for a long time (almost 3 years) so you could just imagine the chatter we had that I wasn't focused on what we were eating.

But from what I can remember, I like the thinness of the pizza crust, snappingly crunchy as I took a bite. Just the way I like my pizza crust to be. (I'm not really a fan of those thick crust or deep dish pizzas.)

The pasta, I can't say much as I wasn't really focused on my food. I should take down notes... Really. (which prompted me to splurge on something impulsively)

Chelsea is a bit pricy though.  But at the time we had our lunch, they have an ongoing promo for four course meal for P750.  Not bad. But we were not keen on having a heavy lunch.  I enjoyed more the company of my friends that I forgot about the food.  Ruben lingered a little bit more before going back to work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...