Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Teatap Cafe

teatap

If you are a cat lover like my kids, you will surely enjoy hanging out at Teatap Cafe in Greenhills. Teatap cafe is located in P Guevarra St. in San Juan, the café occupies a portion of what used to be Barrio Fiesta Restaurant.

teatap

A cat figurine welcomes customers near the door.  Pipay love this so much. 

teatap

teatap

teatap

teatap

It is a spacious japanese design cafe, filled with cat and japanese anime inspired  knick knacks and minimalist furnishings.



teatap

teatap


My daughter was totally enamored by the the tip bin. You place a coin on top of the fish bone design and wait for the cat's paw sneakily take the coin. 



teatap



I brought all three kids with me. I ordered lemon yakult tea for jelo, wintermelon milk tea for gabby, mango flavored green tea for pipay and the hokkaido milk tea for me. 


teatap
The top covers have witty ways to drink your milk tea.

They also serve two kinds of pasta dish.  As usual, Pipay asked for the pasta carbonara (P180).  They also serve Buffalo wings and Takoyaki balls. Out of curiosity, I tried the takoyaki balls (P100). Grilled Balls filled with  octopus, spring onions, red ginger, cabbage, topped with mayonnaise, a dark sauce and bonito flakes.  It’s good, but not the kind I would hanker for.

From among the four milk tea flavors, Gabby's wintermelon milk tea tops my list. I'm not fond of yakult so I passed up tasting Jelo's drink.  The mango fruit  tea is essentially a green tea with mango fruit juice.  The pearls are of the right texture, just the way I like them - chewy.  And just like the other milk tea drinks sprouting all over the metro, you can adjust the level of sweetness upon order.  Aside from pearls, there are other sinkers to choose from – egg pudding, grass jelly, red beans, nata de coco and perilla.  Prices range from P70-105



teatap

Teatap Cafe is located at

P Guevarra St., corner Wilson St., 
San Juan City
6617331










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...