Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nature + art + food + photography = love

I first got to know about Pinto Gallery when I saw it from my gradeschool classmate’s Facebook photos, made a mental note to come and visit when M would be playing golf in Valley Golf in Antipolo.

A few weeks back, I was able to hitch a ride with M to Antipolo City. After a quick breakfast of arroz caldo, I was on my way to Pinto Gallery to meet Maritess, my gradeschool classmate and friend. I wasn’t able to print a map and instead, relied on her text message instructions. But it wasn’t really hard to find.






Pinto Art Museum lies inside Silangan Gardens, a one hectare piece of land owned by art patron Dr. Joven Cuanang. He is a staunch supporter of Philippine art and culture. Pinto Art Museum showcases artworks of promising and established artists that Dr. Cuanang has collected since 1986.










my first stop was at the bathroom






The rustic Mediterranean inspired galleries nestled inside Silangan Gardens were designs of Antonio Leano. I got the chance to meet and chat with him while I was looking around the souvenir shop.

Although I find some artworks gloomy, the place is quite so relaxing. Trees, terra cota sculptures, garden chairs abound. One particular tree got my attention because it was growing in the middle of a stair step. They didn’t cut down the tree when they were building the stairs.



the chapel




interiors, chapel


















I promised to be back soon as I haven’t explored the back side of the garden beyond the swimming pool. Nature + Art, a perfect combination for a soothing morning photo trip.


Pinto Art Museum is located at

The Silangan Gardens,
1 Sierra Madre Street,
Grandheights, Antipolo City
Open from Tuesdays to Sundays from 9AM to 6PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...