Thursday, March 1, 2012

Travel: Ho Chi Minh day 1

Feb 20, 2012



I arrived at NAIA Terminal 3 several hours early than check in time.  I was tired as I waited for Lenz to arrive, yet, excited for this trip. The last trip abroad I had was in 2005 when I visited my brother Marc in Singapore. I wasn’t  into photography then, but I was already dabbling in writing my food experiences in friendster.

The trip took 2 hours. There was a time difference of one hour between Vietnam and Philippines that’s why we gained an hour when we arrived.


tan so nhat international airport

IMG_3469

Tan So Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City is the largest airport in Vietnam. 

IMG_3475

IMG_3473

We went out to see the rep from Beautiful Saigon Hotel bearing a sign with my name on it.  We waited for a while for our transport to arrive,making small talk with the rep inspite of being lost in translation. I was feeling more tired and sleepy.  It was already 2AM  Manila time.

IMG_3486

Our hotel is small, but clean.  It’s located in an area somewhat like Ermita. But it was safe.

IMG_3481

With clean bathroom, clean towels, hot & cold water, TV, a strong wifi connection. Too bad there was no FB, as it was banned in Vietnam. I just tweeted teasers of my HCMC experience every now and then.

IMG_3484

IMG_3489

This was what greeted me when we woke up a few hours later.  We may not have a breathtaking view, but hey, the place is safe and alive and bustling with activity as we would discover later on.  It's a walking distance to Ben Tanh market and other tourist spots. 


Beautiful Saigon Hotel
62 Bui Vien St., Dist 1 
Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam

www.beautifulsaigonhotel.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...