Thursday, March 29, 2012

recipe: Mixed Berry & Banana Smoothie

mixed berry smoothie

I’ve been sick for the past few days.  Getting wet in the rain during work made things worst. As much as I could, I stay away from taking medications.  

juices

A few days ago, I bought 4 1-liter packs of fruit juices.  I really love Tipco’s 100% guava juice.  

The other day, we were in Shangrila Mall and went to Healthy Options to buy pistachios, a staple snack item at home.  I bought a pack of frozen organic mixed berries which I planned to make into a smoothie. 

Berries and bananas are good sources of vitamin C. They help boost one’s immune system.  


I am sharing with you my recipe for mixed berry and banana smoothie.  I still can’t get enough of Jamba Juice Banana Berry smoothie, so I am making one at home.  This is a no brainer actually.

Mixed Berry & Banana smoothie
1 cup of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
2 medium sized bananas
½ cup mixed berry juice
½ cup orange juice (I used Tipco’s 100% blood orange juice)
Crushed ice

Slice bananas in small pieces.  Place in a blender. Add the other ingredients and blend well.  Take note I didn’t put sugar. The berries are a bit sour, so add sugar if you prefer your smoothie sweet.

enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...