Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jambafied with Jamba Juice

Jamba juice10

I first had a taste of Jamba Juice in Rockford, Illinois wayback in 1998. I was on a month long US vacation.  And Jamba juice was one of the memorable things that highlighted that trip.

A few months back, while lurking at food blogs, I found out Jamba Juice finally opened its doors here in Manila. 

jamba juice 13

I have been here three times already.  The first one was when I met up with my friend and back up shooter R.  I had my workout session at the nearby Fitness First.  I had the Carribean Passion (passionfruit-mango juice, strawberries, peaches and orange sherbet)  and steel cut oatmeal in blueberry & blackberry with brown sugar topping. Slow cooked with soymilk, one serving  contains 2 g of soluble fiber from whole oats. R chose the orange juice.  I can barely  remember  (blame it on my so called “senior moments”) how the passion fruit smoothie tasted like, all I remember , it was slightly sour.  But I love the steel cut oatmeal.  It was filling. The fruit puree is sweet enough and the brown sugar made it all the more sweet (there’s no need to add sugar). 

Jamba juice11

Jamba juice4


Jamba juice3


Jamba juice8


The second time, was on a Mom-daughter date with pipay.  Pipay, a mango juice/shake fanatic . ordered, as usual,  the mango smoothie.  Thinking that it would be too sour for her, the kind wait staff suggested the mango agogo. 

Jamba juice6

It’s a combination of mangoes, orange juice, pineapple juice and non-fat frozen yogurt. Pipay doesn’t like yogurt and they offered to substitute orange sherbet instead.  And this I found out, they don’t use our local mango.  They use the Mexican variety. I silently hoped that Pipay wouldn’t find it too sour.  On the contrary, she loved it!  Mango fanatic talaga.  

Jamba juice7

I am not in the mood for sour drinks, and Banana Berry smoothie was recommended to me.   It’s a combination of bananas, blueberries, apple-strawberry juice, raspberry sherbet, and frozen yogurt which I asked to be substituted again with orange sherbet (like Pipay, I’m not a fan of yogurt).

Jamba juice5

Also on the menu are the pizza like California Flat Bread, breakfast wraps, pretzels and other breads.  We got the parmesan pretzel which Pipay gobbled up in seconds (and had another one to bring home for Gabby).


Jamba juice 2

Jamba juice9




Recently, I find myself again in Jamba Juice with my friend G after watching the Azkal’s game.  We both had the steel cut oatmeal – blueberry & blackberry for me (this time without the sugar) and fresh bananas for G.

Jamba juice 1


I know I would keep on coming back for more to try the other offerings on their menu.  It is conveniently located  near Fitness First.  A healthy dose of fruit after a workout.

Jamba Juice
 7th Avenue cor. 29th Street 
Bonifacio High Street Central (across R.O.X.)
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...