Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Friday Night at Nolita

IMG_1309

Last Friday night, I went with my friend G to watch the Azkal’s game at the Azkal Sports Bar at the Fort Strip.  Though not yet officially a fan of the Azkals, I could feel the sadness brought about by the team’s lost, hence, they did not qualify for the finals.  That’s another story though. This entry isn’t about football.

After watching the game,  we  went to try the pizza at Nolita, one of the newly opened food places at the nearby Boni High Street Central.  Nolita, short for “North of Little Italy” serves authentic New York Style pizza.  As we entered the restaurant, many tables were still vacant, which I think was quite unusual on a Friday night.  We chose a table for four near the door. 

IMG_1283

Up above the counter, the restaurant’s menu was written on blackboards.  

IMG_1292

This is no fancy fine dining restaurant.  Nolita has a modern loft style décor, a relaxed and easy vibe.  You queue, choose from the menu, order and pay at the counter.  Service was prompt.

IMG_1284

On one side of a black wall, black lamps were mounted in a pattern… a quirky décor I must say but it surely caught one’s attention.
  
G, a photographer like me, wanted something picture pretty for the camera.  I told him, let’s just order what looks yummy.  We eyed the big slices of assorted pizza lined up at the front counter. 

IMG_1279

G chose the broccoli and cheese pizza.  He really wanted colors and textures on my food photos.  :)   

IMG_1276

While I opted for the wild mushroom walnut ricotta cheese, not picture pretty but oh so yummy. Just look at the globs of ricotta cheese!

IMG_1282

IMG_1300

For drinks, it was rootbeer float for G (no picture as the foam collapsed before i was able to get a shot) and a virgin strawberry mojito for me (virgin, because I still plan to do some work at home). 

IMG_1323

IMG_1318

We also got and shared the Nolita Burger, a 6 oz Angus beef patty on a homemade brioche bun, with bacon, caramelized onion, blue cheese topped with a sunny side up egg.  I am not a fan of blue cheese but it somehow goes well with the meat and sweetness of the caramelized onion.  As for the beef patty, I love that it’s pinkish inside and seared on the outside, but I wish it was a bit juicier.

IMG_1295

They also serve imported beers. 

IMG_1302

a picture for posterity. :)
Would I go back to try the other items on the menu?  A mom-daughter date is in the works. Pipay, a mac & cheese monster, can’t wait to try their version.  G & I  couldn’t even finish the burger, there was no more room for dessert....and that’s what I’m coming back for.  :)


Btw, halfway through our meal, more people kept coming and lining in to have a taste of Little Italy.  ;)


Nolita
2nd floor
Bonifacio High Street Central
The Fort, Taguig City

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...