Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Of crabs, pinakbet, bokeh, avant garde & more....

May 8...
A dinner meeting with my mentor/friend/wedding photobuddy, Sir Bubuy. I first met Sir Bubuy in my first formal photography lesson last year using a point & shoot camera. From then on he has been teaching and mentoring me in photography. Last night, with him, i found a food trip buddy... you could just imagine the scene.... food + photography + good conversation. Sa kwentuhan pa lang dami ko na natutunan. Laugh trip din, kasi we laughed at how some photography terms came about... me halong okray hahahahaha.... we now have our own photo private jokes tuloy hehehe...

Dinner was at dampa metrowalk. I didn't know may dampa pala dun. Humaygad!!! (tristan paborrow your term) I should go out a lot more ....lessen my trips to the mall and explore more.... We had chili crabs (which before we ate, asked each other... okay lang ba last medical checkup mo?... hehehehe... let's not go into this age thing...hahahahaha) and pinakbet. Then transferred to Starbucks after for coffee and dessert.



A tribute to our roots.... Sir bubuy is from Ilocos.... my parents are from Pangasinan



Crabs in Chili and Garlic..... not the same as the one in Singapore but yummy pa rin!



Starbucks Banoffe Pie ........... our dessert with coffee and capuccino


And the piece de resistance..... he showed me his babies.... the newest one being the D90.... hehehe yup Nikonian.... and his 50 mm 1.4. kahit manual focus lang sya ang ganda ng BOKEH [hehehehe...;-)]

More enlightening topics includes - black & white photography, film photography, and the zone system which ngayon ko lang naintindihan ng maayos.... hehehe.... I have to train my eyes so I can "see" in black & white .... galing talaga! If you become an expert in black & white photography... sisiw na ang color.... ;-)

One more fact I learned.... He worked in Filcartoons (1988) as Inbetweener.... kasi he explained the video capability of the D90... the same way cartoons are shot.

I'm really excited na about the coming prenups. With your guidance, I'm confident (I think) na I can pull this off on my own.... good luck sa kin hehehehehe.... ;-)

Thanks! thanks! for the wonderful and informative conversation... for the good meal and the laugh trip... great company.... sobra nag-enjoy ako... this goes to the list of one of my most memorable birthday celebrations. Next stop.... Baguio! Yehey! Ikaw mag-golf.... ako magpeektyur peektyur ng nature.... got to have that ND filter soon! ;-)

till the next food trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...