Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Salmon en Papillote


I finally rediscovered the joys of cooking. Thanks to those food blogs and cooking shows on cable (aside from having food photo ops), I am now inspired to cook. M brought home two salmon steaks. I'm not a fan of salmon for I find them kind of malansa for my taste. But it's such a waste of money to just ask my yaya to fry it. For dinner tonight, I made baked salmon (Italian style)... with a twist... instead of baking them inside the oven, I wrapped the fish pieces in baking paper... en papillote! I popped them inside the microwave... baking the lazy way... hehehe... I'm so lazy to pre-heat the oven kasi...

I'm sharing the recipe here...





Salmon en Papillote

salmon fillets
Olive oil
tomatoes, cut into small cubes
red onion, sliced thinly
garlic, sliced thinly
fresh lemon juice
dried thyme
dried oregano (i substituted basil)
salt & pepper

In baking paper, place a bed of tomatoes, onions, & garlic. Place a piece of salmon fillet on top. Season with salt & pepper, dried basil & thyme and drizzle olive oil on top. add some lemon juice (i added a slice of lemon on top). Add more tomatoes, onion & garlic on top. Seal by folding the edges. Pop inside a microwave oven for around 7-10 minutes.

I made sauteed spinach with garlic to go with the dish.




Note: careful when opening the paper. Steam from the dish can burn...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...